Equine Groom Apprentice Jack-Thomas Watson
JTW Horse Sales Ltd are looking to recruit an Apprentice to join their team, supporting in caring for the health and wellbeing of their horses. You will work towards a Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
25 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Within the small team at our stables, you will be responsible, on a daily basis for:
- Monitoring the environment of the horses
- Checking their feed and water, ensuring it is fresh and clean
- Clearing and mucking out of stables
- Assisting in the daily exercising and health assessment of horses
- Supporting with vets’ visits
- Working alongside team members to helping out where and when required
- Working outdoors in all weathers
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Some experience of riding horses (preferred)
- Some confidence in working with horses (preferred)
- Caring, friendly nature
- Genuine interest in horses and their care and well being
- Patience with others
- Good personal hygiene
- Ability to listen to and follow instruction
- Recognition of the health and safety for being around large animals
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential to progress into full-time employment or progression onto a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Working outside in all weathers is an expectation of the job.
The animals require to be looked after all year round.
About the employer
A small company stabling, caring for and training horses within the equine industry.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.