Apprentice Business Administrator AGE UK COVENTRY AND WARWICKSHIRE
Exciting opportunity to work in our busy, friendly & proactive Admin Hub, providing vital Business Administration support to the wider Charity. Gaining experience in a variety of support functions & handling a varied workload you will have the opportunity to improve processes & add real value in this diverse and challenging role.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
25 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice Business Administrator will join the Admin Hub to learn the different support functions across the Charity.
Providing a vital support role and reporting directly to the Admin Team Leader, you will work proactively as part of a small team.
The type of activities you may be typically trained in will include:
- Provide an efficient reception service in Head Office
- General office & admin support to various functions within the Charity
- Support managers with the recruitment process for staff and/or Volunteer roles
- Input data into a variety of established office systems
- Opportunity to manage & develop your own project/s
- Collaborate with colleagues & Stakeholders across the Charity
- Attend team meetings and contribute ideas
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times, in line with GDPR
- Portray a positive image of the Charity, both internally & externally
We are looking for a capable and motivated team player who has a ‘can do’, positive attitude and who can work effectively in a fast-paced organisation.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Competent ICT user, including data entry and MS Office
- Experience of prioritising diverse workloads or projects
- Customer focused
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Highly organised
- Complete both work related and College tasks in a competent and timely fashion
- Adheres to all organisational policies & procedures
- Confident, positive and proactive communicator
- Able to deal respectfully with a variety of end users
- Can adapt to changing priorities, be flexible and see projects through to completion
- Approachable and friendly
- Willingness to learn and develop
- GCSE A-C/9-4 in English and maths or equivalent grades
- A level – grade E or above
- On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there is the possibility of a future job role within the charity
Things to consider
- Based in Leamington, travel may occasionally be required to other AUKCW offices and sites, to provide cover or attend meetings
- Due to Safeguarding and our service users we can only accept applicants over the age of 18
2nd year salary – dependent on age:
- 18-20yrs: £6.45 per hour £12,409.80 FTE
- 21-24yrs: £8.20 per hour £15,776.80 FTE
- 25yrs+: £8.72 per hour £16,777.28 FTE
Position to start week commencing 22nd March 2021 or latest 29th March 2021
About the employer
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire (AgeUK C&W) offers a wide range of information and assistance services for older people and their carers covering:
- Legal advice services
- Dementia day care support
- Appointeeships for adults lacking mental capacity
- Domestic support services to help people with shopping, cleaning, support and gardening & short breaks for carers
- A wide range of physical and social activities to help keep older people, active and socially engaged
- High Street charity shops
- Eight Re-use shops, based at recycling centres across the county
- Befriending and Counselling services
- Hospital and Community Social Prescribing services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Emma Rogers email@example.com
- Business Administrator level 3
- Mandatory online training for all new starters at Age UK C&W that covers: Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, GDPR, Fire Safety and Manual Handling.
- On the job training provided throughout Apprenticeship.
- Attendance at college for fortnightly masterclasses plus occasional online/in person workshops for Business Admin apprentices.. Regular visits from assessor/coach in the workplace, to build portfolio and prepare for End Point Assessment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.