Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprentice Carisbrook Dental Care
A unique experience to gain valuable knowledge first hand within the dental industry. You will be an Apprentice in the practice and will work your way through your programme alongside support from the college and your employer.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Feb 2022
23 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Assisting dentist in surgery
- Reception duties
- Meeting clients
- Booking appointments
- Decontamination of utensils
- Keeping surgery clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
- A good standard of maths and English is required.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Willingness to learn and listen.
- Can do attitude.
- Previous healthcare employment is desirable but is not essential.
- Retail/Hospitality employment is desirable but is not essential.
- Keen to learn
- Great listener
4 x GCSE grade 4 maths and English at grade 3 or above or equivalent
On successful completion of this apprenticeship you can:
- Register with the General Dental Council.
- Complete extended duty courses in clinical photography, impression taking, orthodontic nursing, implant dental nursing, fluoride varnish application and special care dental nursing plus many more.
- Complete post qualifications in radiography, sedation and oral health educator.
- Progress into university to study orthodontic therapy or dental hygiene therapy.
Things to consider
- You will have a high responsibility as you will be in charge of someone's health.
- You may be required to work evenings, weekends and potentially late nights depending on the practice working hours.
- You will be working with sharp equipment and tools so will need to be diligent and observant and take responsibility in learning Health and Safety procedures.
- You will have a baseline of good customer skills to be able to talk to customers on a regular basis.
About the employer
At our surgery in Manchester, we only employ the best, most qualified and experienced dentists. We demand that all of our dentists keep up-to-date with the latest advances in technology and developments in dentistry, sending them worldwide for advanced training. We find that patients travel locally, nationally and worldwide to visit our dentists.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tameside College
Amber Thorpe 01619095706 email@example.com
You will attend Tameside College for 1 day a month for 7 hours per day to complete your training where you will learn in the classroom covering topics that include Health and Safety in the workplace and developing and maintaining working relationships. You will also be expected to do online lessons/assessments throughout the week. Maths and English Functional Skills may be also be included in your learning should you meet the requirements.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.