Apprentice Dental Nurse Banbury Dental Surgery
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
18 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
Total Dental Care are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well-established practice in Leicester and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
As a dental nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a positive and hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- Keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE maths and English Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent)
- An initial assessment for maths and English is also required
- Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer
There are good career progression opportunities for example: Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
- References may be requested from a previous employer and/or education provider
- Applicants should ideally live within a 5-mile radius and be flexible
About the employer
Banbury Dental Surgery is a small dental practice with a spread of patients from all over the area, these are the treatments they provide:
- Preventive dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening and veneers
- Dental implants
- Endodontic treatment, including root canal therapy
- Denture services
- Hygienist services
- NHS care for children (and adults who are exempt from paying charges)
- Private dentistry, including dental plans
- Emergency dental care
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills in English and maths
- Awarding Personal Learning and Thinking Skills in Health
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.