Apprentice Dental Nurse DR HINDOCHA LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
15 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
Total Dental Care are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well-established practice in Leicester and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
As a dental nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a positive and hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- Keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE maths and English Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent)
- An initial assessment for maths and English is also required
- Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer
- There are good career progression opportunities for example: Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
- References may be requested from a previous employer and/or education provider
- Applicants should ideally live within a 5 mile radius and be flexible
About the employer
Total Dental Practice is part of a group of 4 practices based around Leicester. They offer NHS dentistry along with private and cosmetic dentistry.
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills in English and maths
- Awarding Personal Learning and Thinking Skills in Health
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.