Apprentice Gardener/Horticulturalist Evergreen Gardeners Ltd
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Gardener for our Essex operation based in Ongar. The job will involve delivering garden maintenance contracts with regular customers as well as stand-alone gardening and landscaping projects. Duties to include: mowing lawns, strimming, weeding, pruning and hedge trimming.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2021
10 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Gardener for our Essex operation based in Ongar.
The job will involve delivering garden maintenance contracts with regular customers as well as stand-alone gardening and landscaping projects throughout Essex, Kent and Hertfordshire.
Our customers include large public companies as well as private residential owners.
You will learn all aspects of garden maintenance through on-the-job training combined with day release study through Writtle University College.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Lawn mowing
- Hedge trimming etc
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initative as well as part of a team
- A genuine keen interest in gardening
You must have excellent communication skills with the ability to converse easily with both clients and staff to deliver the highest levels of customer service to our wide portfolio of customers.
To be successful in our company you should be a highly motivated person, well organised, with keen attention to detail. You will need to demonstrate you are:
- A team player
- Able to listen to instructions, take direction and to work without supervision where required
- Confident in communicating with people of all ages and from a wider range of backgrounds
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
We also expect you to be:
- Proactive and helpful
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Keen to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Professional in your manner at all times
- Applicants must hold a minimum of Level 1 (GCSE Grade 2/E) in maths and English
- PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT MATHS AND ENGLISH QUALIFICATIONS WITH YOUR APPLICATION
You will have an excellent opportunity to grow with the company and the chance to progress to leadership positions as well as an opportunity to further your gardening based education.
Things to consider
You should be happy working outdoors in all weather conditions and be physically able to meet the demands of the role. We normally operate Monday-Friday with a start time of around 7.30am and finish at any time between 3.30pm and 4.30pm depending on weather and seasonality but you will need to be flexible enough to work outside of those hours if required to do so. A driving licence and car is preferable as you will need to get to our yard in Ongar each morning and it is not easily accessible by public transport
About the employer
Evergreen Gardeners is a rapidly growing gardening services and landscaping company providing corporate and domestic gardening and landscaping services throughout Essex, Kent and Hertfordshire.
WRITTLE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Writtle University College
- As well as the on-site training received the successful candidate will work towards the Level 2 Work-Based Horticulture and Landscape Operative Standard Apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship is made up of several elements including the Level 2 Work-Based Diploma in Horticulture Qualification and an End Point Assessment
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.