Apprentice Childcare Practitioner at Level 3 The Railway Children
To work with Children aged 12 months to five years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities working under supervision. To include, setting up planned activities, helping children at meal times, personal care routines, assessing health and safety in the setting for the children and general tidying.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2022
08 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Railway Children Menston are passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Apprentice who loves children and wishes to develop a career in early years’ childcare. The successful candidates will join our established nursery. The right candidate will work with a great team of committed staff.
- Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents / carers and give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Have your own key children
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities
- Complete job description will be given at interview
Requirements and prospects
- Good language and conversational skills
- Good written skills
- Works well in a team and basic computer knowledge
- Organised and prompt
- Excellent personal presentation and hygiene
GCSE in English and maths at grade C/4 or above or alternatively Functional/Key Skills at level 1 or above. Equivalents would be accepted.
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
Things to consider
Shifts will vary in hours up to 10 hours per day if over 18 years of age. This may involve early morning starts and late evening finishes - the role is physically demanding.
About the employer
The Railway Children is a unique setting offering a stimulating and vibrant environment with a focus on child lead play and development.
Our environment allows families to stay together in one childcare setting. We care for preschool / early years children (1 to 5 years) plus wrap around care for school children (5 to 11 years) to allow families to stay together in one childcare setting.
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aire Vocational Training Ltd
Lynne Green firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours). The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) forms part of the Early Years Pathway of the Advanced Apprenticeship Standard for the Children and Young People’s workforce.
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- English and Maths Level 2 (if not already achieved)
End point assessment, this will comprise of two activities:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio-based professional discussion with an EPA external assessor
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.