Apprentice Medical Receptionist/Administrator Moir Medical Centre
Due to continued growth, Moir Medical Centre is looking to expand its team, with a number of dedicated, self-motivated individuals to take on a blend of Administrative, Customer Services and Secretarial tasks.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2021
05 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice (Customer Services or Business Administration) completing either a Level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship qualification, you will be responsible for supporting the management functional within a busy local GP Practice. Please note, you will be required to work between two sites based in Long Eaton.
Day to Day, you will be:
- Supporting on reception during busier periods and covering annual leave and sickness
- Interacting with patients on a daily basis
- General office duties, Including filing, accurate record keeping, scanning
- Supporting financial administration, side of the business – inputting invoices onto the finance system
- Arranging, and attending meetings
- Stocking clinical rooms with all medical supplies, PPE etc.
- Supporting the practice with deliveries and stock control
- Maintaining confidentially at all times
- Supporting the branch surgery – Sawley and Toton Medical Centres
- Clinical Coding – reviewing Patient records/hospital referral notes, updating ‘System1’ with the relevant codes, i.e., medication, appointments, scans, medical complaints
- Managing practice ‘Workflow’ i.e., compiling relevant documents, letters, patients notes/referrals etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good keyboard skills; competent with using Microsoft packages
- Accurate data entry skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Dependable and reliable
- Respectful, polite, and trustworthy
- A Team player, who values others
- Ideally A*-C / 9-4 in maths and English or equivalent
- As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business
Things to consider
- Please note, you will be required to work between two sites based in Long Eaton
About the employer
Moir Medical Centre is a constituent practice of Erewash Health Partnership. With a current patient list size of circa 13,000, they operate across 3 sites, with a main site is in Long Eaton and branch surgeries are situated in Sawley and Toton.
Moir Medical Centre has an experienced and friendly team of 41 staff (20 Clinical and 21 Non-Clinical) consisting of GP's, Advance Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Administrators, Care Navigators and Medical secretaries.
Moir Medical Centre are a dedicated training practice who supports and educates doctors to complete General Practice Specialty Training, and therefore is the perfect setting to complete your Apprenticeship.
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Lesley Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator Level 3 Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths & English (as required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.