Apprentice Receptionist Haven Medical Practice
Haven Medical Centre are a busy GP practice who are searching for a brilliant apprentice to ensure an effective/efficient reception service is provided to patients, visitors and staff of the practice. This apprenticeship is with Babington.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
03 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To provide a welcoming, friendly, polite reception service to all practice patients and visitors
- To book appointments for patients with all members of the clinical team
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt delivery
- Ensure all correspondence, reports, results etc. are scanned and/or filed promptly in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
- Ensure records are kept in good repair
- To send faxes and use the photocopier as requested
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary medical cover
- Enter patient information on the computer as required
- Advise patients of the relevant charges for private (non NHS) services, accept payments and issue receipts for the same
- Book transport for patients as requested
- Updating patient’s records including change of name, address etc.
- Locating and handing out prescriptions, letters and other communications left for clients, patients or relatives
- To undertake your designated area of responsibility within the GMS contract requirements
- To review requests for copies of medical information, ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner. Ensure invoices are processed and payments chased if not received
- To maintain the confidentiality of all patient and practice information at all times
- To chaperone patients and/or health care professionals if requested
- To be aware of and keep up-to-date with all practice policies and procedures
- To have a flexible approach to work and provide cover for administration colleagues during sickness absence and annual leave as required
- To participate in an annual review of performance in accordance with the Practice’s appraisal procedure and agree a Personal Development Plan
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the Practice’s policies and procedures which may be amended from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- You must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent listening skills
- Good computer knowledge/literacy - standard keyboard skills
- Logical thinker - accuracy for filing etc.
- Friendly personality and smart appearance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility of hours available for work
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, including maintaining a calm demeanour when dealing with conflict
Educated to GCSE level including English and maths Grade C/4 or equivalent.
Progression to full time or senior receptionist in the future for the right person.
About the employer
Haven Medical Centre is a busy GP practice that is based across 2 sites. One in Alvaston and one in Allenton, Derby.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Sandeep Beesla 07341566130 Sandeep.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The duration of the apprenticeship is 18 months. During this qualification you will complete training with a specialist trainer reviewing and learning business protocols in an administrative role. Key responsibilities include developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving administrative services. In months 9-12 you will work towards business improvement, which will include reporting and implementing a project for the business.
The business improvement will take you through to EPA where you will complete 1 test, a discussion within your role and present a presentation on the business improvement you have implemented. The qualification is delivered face-to-face with remote visits, and you will have a designated trainer that you can always speak to for support and advice.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.