Apprentice Nursery Assistant Aim Higher Education Link Ltd
Urgent vacancy. Apprentice Nursery Assistant required for Sunshine Day Nursery in Bordesley Green. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Early Years Educator Level 3 for 18 months.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
04 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that every 'child matters' is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- As this nursery is a pack away setting, you will need to set up for hall and activities for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to relate to and understand the needs of nursery aged children
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have a flexible attitude
- Ability to create an enabling environment focused on children's needs
- Organisational, recording and planning skills
- Have a level 2 qualification in childcare with at least 6 months experience in a nursery
- Desire to learn
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 8 to 4 (A to C) or Functional Skills Level 2
Possible opportunity to progress onto full-time employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
Sunshine Day Nursery provide care for children up to seven years old.
Aim Higher Education Link Ltd
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 0121 333 3001 email@example.com
- Early Years Educator level 3 qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Technical certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.