Apprentice Lean Manufacturing Operative Lindstrand Technologies Ltd
Apprentice required to operate machinery, assemble materials and equipment and carry out inspection of finished parts. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2021
04 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Due to the growth in the business, an opportunity has arisen for a Production Operator / Lean Manufacturing Apprentice. This is a unique company environment manufacturing inflatable structures, aerostate, airships, control systems and hardware. The day to day operations are based in Oswestry, but some off-site work and overtime may be required.
Working a 40 hour week within a multi-disciplined team will be a challenge. Knowledge of working with materials in a production environment will be advantageous in the selection of the final candidate.
Duties will include:
- Operate machinery to assist in the production process
- Assemble materials and equipment as required
- Inspect finished products for defects to ensure quality standards are met
- Assist in the handling of raw materials to the production lines
- Transport raw materials from one place to another in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively with co-workers to ensure efficient production and deadlines are met
- Conduct inspections and quality control of products
- Assist in lifting, carrying and moving heavy loads as required
Requirements and prospects
- Prior experience in a production setting would be preferred
- Sharp attention to detail in favour of identifying defects
- Self-driven and hard worker
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to work shifts, overtime and weekends as required
- Can-do attitude
- Team worker
- Reliable and dependable
- GCSE or equivalent grades A*-C / 9-4 as a minimum in English Language and maths
- Full time position at the company
Things to consider
- Some off-site work and overtime may be required
About the employer
Situated for nearly 30 years in a quiet corner of Shropshire, in Oswestry, the Lindstrand Technologies factory has produced some of the most advanced lighter-than-air airships and inflatable structures in the world. All of the technologies behind Per’s world records were developed in these premises where manufacturing fully complies with strict EASA regulations.
With designs certified in 48 countries and a perfect safety record, Lindstrand Technologies is the world’s most versatile manufacturer of aerostats, airships, gas balloons, tethered balloons and high-tech inflatable structures.
Design, manufacturing and quality control all take place in house. Lindstrand’s machinery, testing equipment and software programs represent the latest technology and are capable of manufacturing advanced products for use in any climate conditions, as well as in space and at sea.
The Lindstrand factory has 8 welding machines, 2 cutting tables and a fully equipped textile laboratory that can tackle any type of fabric testing in house.
Additional location information
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
This apprenticeship will be delivered via virtual classroom sessions, including distance learning materials, as well as regular visits by your assessor, at the company site.
Off the Job Training' subjects include:
- Health & Safety within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working effectively within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights & Responsibilities within a Manufacturing Environment
- Application of Workplace Organisation and Work Related Problem Solving Techniques
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.