Apprentice Hair Professional-Terri Gilham Hair Spa Terri Gilham Ltd
If you are located in the Ashford area and looking for a career in hairdressing, Terri Gilham Hair Spa could be the salon to fulfil your ambition & start your career. You will be mentored by qualified staff with years of experience using top branded products and working towards a Diploma in Hairdressing in a modern award-winning salon.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
05 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Terri Gilham Hair Spa is an award-winning boutique hair salon in a beautiful location in Ashford. They are looking for someone who has a passion for hair, is willing to learn, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude to join their small but great spirited team.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to train as a professional hair stylist and is passionate about hairdressing.
Main duties to include:
- Reception duties
- Meeting & greeting clients
- Making refreshments
- Assisting qualified stylists
- Day to day cleaning & tidying of salon
- Opportunity to practice your training with model clients
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Understand spoken information
- Be able to listen to others and ask questions
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Reason and problem solve
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task
- Manage oneself, people, time, and things
- Honest and willing to work hard
- Enjoy working with people
- Maths And English GCSE or equivalent A-C 9/4 desired
- Level 1 Hair and Beauty would be an advantage
This employer is looking for the apprentice that they recruit to sustain a long term career with them & the chance to develop and progress to a Senior Hair Professional.
Once fully qualified, Hair Stylists earn on average £14,000-£30,000 per year.
Things to consider
- Please note: The dates as entered for the interview/start dates for this opportunity are to be used as a guide and interviews will take place as close to this date as is reasonably practical for the employer followed by a start date offered by the employer
- You may be required to work weekends & late evenings and maybe required to complete a work trial day and/ or trade test
- This position is dependent on work experience & GCSE or equivalent grades
- You will also be required to have a Pre-screening interview over the phone with one of TNB Skills Training advisers before your details are passed to the employer to ensure you meet their criteria so please expect a call
- Please do not attempt to contact the employer to apply for this position as your application will not be considered
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Terri Gilham Hair Spa is an award-winning boutique hair salon in a beautiful location in Ashford. They have a small, fully qualified, great spirited team with years of experience and use some of the top branded products in the industry.
TNB Skills Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by That Nail Place Ltd
Hair Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Maths & English Functional Skills
- Employability Skills to include to be able to demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry using correct behaviours, communication & safe working practices in the hair industry
- A Hair Apprenticeship is diverse and offers you the chance to channel your artistic talent in a creative setting Training and development takes place during this part of the apprenticeship, which includes a qualification
- The on-programme learning for this apprenticeship is mainly through the on the job experience with a salon environment, focused on gaining the knowledge and demonstrating the skills in several core areas
- 20% off the job is required and is covered with theory delivery, shadowing, mentoring and coaching at our sites and in the workplace
- You’ll also study English and maths at a level to suit you. All Hair Stylists will need to communicate effectively with clients, order stock and calculate pricing
- You will attend That Nail Place T/A TNB Skills Training centre in Folkestone every Monday and will be mentored and trained by fully qualified tutors and assessors
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.