Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Mud and Puddles Ltd
A hardworking and enthusiastic Apprentice Nursery Practitioner is required at a children’s day nursery close to Harrogate and Ripon with an exciting outdoor approach and Forest School ethos. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
03 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established nursery that is expanding. The outdoor approach is perfect in the current climate as staff and apprentices can give the children plenty of safe space for pretending, expressing and imagining. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for the Early Years Educator.
Duties will include:
- To support the experienced staff team in the pre-school room
- To meet the requirements of the EYFS framework
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Uphold impeccable levels of hygiene
- To give support to other personnel within the setting
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- Work with all staff to ensure children settle well
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring organisation policies and procedures are observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- You must be well presented and reliable
- A love of the outdoors is an advantage as we are outside in all weathers
- Maths and English GCSE graded C/4 or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Level 2 Childcare qualification or relevant experience is essential
- Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the wider childcare sector, e.g. Room Leader, Nursery Supervisor or Nursery Manager
- There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Levels 4 and 5 Foundation Degrees in Early Years
Things to consider
- You will be required to apply for an Enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure Barring Service
- Bus travel (Number 36) is easy and frequent from both Ripon and Harrogate town centres https://www.traveline.info/
- The salary will be reviewed quarterly by the management team and raised based on your performance
About the employer
We believe children flourish with natural creativity. Our children get great pleasure from exploring their surroundings and being encouraged to be creative. Whether it be at forest school or during an indoor activity, children learn skills and gain immense self-esteem when given diverse opportunities to create. Exploration and creativity are an integral part of our setting and we provide a wide array of materials and opportunities to promote this. Our classes are carefully chosen to promote fun and development in our children. We ensure that these meet the development needs of the each and every child. Our staff and class providers are highly professional and trained to give our children the best care whilst enjoying themselves at the same time.
Mud and Puddles Ltd
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Harvey 01423638169 email@example.com
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard:
You must complete the following approved qualifications mandated in the standard:
- Pearson Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- English and maths Level 2 (if not already achieved)
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to ‘off the job training’. You will be allocated a Teaching & Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your study materials. Your TLC will provide you with personal tutorial support and on-programme assessment at pre-arranged times.
End point assessment by an independent assessment organisation and comprises of two activities – knowledge test and portfolio-based professional discussion.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.