Apprentice IVA Administrator The Debt Advisor Limited
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to kick start their business administration career working with The Debt Advisor Limited.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
21 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA):
Key responsibilities include but are not restricted to the following:
- To prepare documentation for annual reports and case reviews.
- To take telephone calls for the both IVA and Corporate Insolvency carry out data protection checks on the caller, and filter to the correct administrator and take messages as necessary.
- To assist callers on the telephone as far as is possible.
- To photocopy and scan proposals and reports produced by the team and send electronically via a portal called My Insolvency Report to all creditors.
- To file documentation in appropriate case files and in correct sections.
- To chase, review and agree creditor claims and liaise with creditors and their representatives to obtain statements.
- To input creditor information including references and debt amounts onto the system.
- To liaise with creditor representatives on queries regarding, e.g. missing dividends, dividend prospects.
- To handle creditor communications via email, letter and telephone requesting e.g. copies of Chairman’s reports.
- To chase debtors for income and expenditure information if no response is received to the team’s previous requests.
- To observe Data Protection rules at all times.
- Adhere to Company Policies & Procedures.
- With more experience and knowledge, the successful candidate has the potential to progress onto becoming either an administrator dealing with either IVA cases, or more complex insolvency assignments including liquidations, administrations or bankruptcies drafting IVA proposals, preparing annual reports and conducting case reviews.
As the successful candidate progresses in their experience and knowledge, there is the potential to increase their responsibilities so that the work is even more varied, and, depending on the availability of work, eventually take up a permanent position as an IVA Administrator which will allow the right candidate to develop a very rewarding career in the field of insolvency.
Requirements and prospects
- Good negotiation skills
- Customer service experience
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in the IVA or insolvency industry in general.
- Experience of managing task lists and working to deadlines.
- General knowledge on household incomes, state benefits available, and everyday expenditure.
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to take instruction/feedback and act swiftly on said instruction/feedback
- Excellent motivational skills.
GCSEs minimum grades A to C in English & Maths plus A Levels in relevant subjects e.g. Maths, Law, Social Studies
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will work towards your NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Business and Administration.
- You may also be required to attend Functional Skills classes depending on your existing Maths & English Qualifications.
Business and Administration
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Stacey Reid 01616315877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017