Apprentice Maintenance Engineer MTL Engineering
Apprentice required to assist with the maintenance of engineering equipment, plc fault finding, repairs etc. Future progression will include the installation of CNC machines at company sites.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2021
29 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You must be able to drive in order to travel to customers' sites.
The company would like to recruit a part experienced Maintenance apprentice for this position. Ideally you will be half way through your Mechatronics apprenticeship; maybe you have been made redundant and eager to continue with your learning.
You should be fairly confident with electrical work as well as some mechanical work. The role will involve:
- Electrical wiring
- Some lathe work - although the job is more electrical biased
- PLC fault finding
- General workshop duties
- Adhering to Health and Safety procedures and keeping work area clean and tidy
Future work will include travelling to customer sites to repair and install CNC machines.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates must have already completed at least the first year of a Maintenance Apprenticeship and keen to continue the training to finish the qualification
- Must have clean driving licence
- Good problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communications
- Capable of working independently and with other team members
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Shows initiative
GCSE grades A-C (9-5) in English, maths and Science - as a minimum
MUST HAVE COMPLETED AT LEAST THE FIRST YEAR OF MAINTENANCE APPRENTICESHIP
- Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will become a Field Service Engineer
Things to consider
- College with be 1 day per week at the Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology, in Bridgnorth. Please ensure you are able to travel to this site
- You will also be required to travel to customers' sites
About the employer
MTL Engineering are experienced engineers for all kinds of CNC sheet metal machines and have been established in the market for over 15 years.
With full coverage of the UK on service they are able to get to breakdowns quickly and promptly as so to offer a 1st class service.
With a depth of industry knowledge MTL are also able to offer new and used sheet metal working machinery to the market at competitive prices.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Engineering Technician Level 3 Mechatronics
The company is ideally looking for someone who has already completed part of this apprenticeship, so you will therefore only have to attend college one day per week for the remaining 2 years.
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
The successful candidate will attend The Marches Centre for Manufacturing and Technology, in Bridgnorth, 1 day per week as part of the training.
Training will include the following:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Assembling and testing fluid power systems
- Maintaining electrical equipment systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Using computer software packages to assist with engineering activities
- Producing cad models (drawings) using a cad system
- General welding applications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.