Apprentice Hairdresser Perfection
Duties will include general upkeep of the salon, shampooing, assisting stylists, greeting and preparing clients and promoting services and products. Some reception work may also be required. As your skills develop you will be given more responsibility.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
28 Jan 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Greeting clients and visitors to the salon, as well as handling enquiries by telephone
- Playing a key part in preparing clients for services, including refreshments, magazines, gowning and general comfort
- Ensuring every client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit
- Listening to the needs of clients and informing colleagues of any relevant information
- Engaging in meaningful and relevant conversation with clients
- Keeping up to date with fashions and trends in the hairdressing industry
- Following all health and safety procedures
- Wearing the required personal protective equipment
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service being provided; this may include removing colours and blow drying under supervision
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Promoting the salon’s brand principles
- Striving to meet training plan targets
- Completing all work set by trainers and assessors in the agreed timeframe
- Putting into practice what you learn
- Sourcing suitable models for training and assessment
- Contributing to the promotion of a pleasant and positive salon atmosphere
- Supporting new colleagues
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for Apprentices who:
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Can remember and follow instructions
- Can anticipate the needs of others
- Can manage their time efficiently
- Pay attention to detail
- Work safely
We are looking for Apprentices who have the following qualities:
- Punctual and reliable
- Resilience and determination
- Well presented with attention to personal grooming
- Passionate about hairdressing
- Willing to work hard
- Able to stand all day
- Pleasant personality and friendly
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Motivated and keen to learn
Ideally GCSE grades E – A* or new GCSE grades 2-9 in English and maths or equivalent
After achieving the Hair Professional Apprenticeship, you will be encouraged to progress to a higher-level Apprenticeship.
Most of our stylists and technicians have been Apprentices themselves. Since achieving their Advanced Apprenticeships, they have gone on to become senior stylists, trainers, assessors, managers, and have taken part in photo shoots and promotional events.
Things to consider
Hairdressing is not a job – it is a vocation. You need to be prepared to work hard and deliver first class customer service even when you may not be feeling at your best. You will be standing all day and dealing with clients from all walks of life; you can’t be expected to like every client, but you will need to make every single one feel they are special.
You will need to be flexible because when the salon gets busy everyone needs to help out so that the salon runs smoothly and that could mean bringing forward or pushing back your break.
Earnings are not brilliant at the start although tips from satisfied clients will help. Once you start building your own clientele you will earn commission on what you contribute to the salon’s takings. The busiest stylists earn the most.
Working in a salon is about working as a team, all driven by the same ambition to make every client’s visit better than expected, to maintain the loyalty of existing clients and to attract new clients.
About the employer
A busy (recently refurbished) contemporary salon in the heart of Yateley - a quiet haven of luxury and sumptuousness. With the very highest standards in contemporary cutting, colouring and exceptional customer service. The talented team delight in creating a look especially for their clients.
INTER TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Inter Training Services Limited
Samantha Stirling 02392591666 firstname.lastname@example.org
- In salon training towards the Level 2 Hair Professional Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Development, Behaviours and Welfare
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.