Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship Tawny Roud
As a Hairdressing Apprentice with us you will be part of the team assisting with clients' needs and supporting stylists. During the course you will gain the skills to become a qualified hair assistant predominately learning on model clients. You will be also be responsible for ensuring the salon is well maintained and undertaking reception duties.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2021
26 Jan 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is an exciting opportunity to become a talented and trained hair stylist!
Your key responsibilities will be to assist with clients and stylists as well as undertake reception duties and general salon maintenance. You will report directly to the salon manager for your daily duties and job role. During the programme you will work towards completing your Level 2 Hairdressing Professional, generally working on model clients. You will receive excellent training from the College and within your workplace to support your learning.
During the apprenticeship you will cover the services:
- Shampooing and conditioning treatments
- Blow drying
- Styling the hair to create a range of different looks
- Applying colour
- Cutting using a variety of techniques
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Salon experience is desirable
- Good listening skills
- Ability to take the initiative
- Passion for Hairdressing!!
- A friendly demeanour
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- People person
- GCSEs in English and maths to a grade 4/C is desirable
- Alternatively, Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths
On successful completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship candidates have the opportunity to progress onto an NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing qualification subject to meeting the employer's requirements.
Things to consider
For this job you need to be confident and hardworking. You will be dealing with Clients and Colleagues and will need to do this in a professional manner. There will be a variety of responsibilities and you may often work a quite pressurised but very rewarding environment. You will be expected to be professional, a good timekeeper and conscientious in all that you do. Being proactive, enthusiastic and able to take on new challenges will be seen as very important.
About the employer
We are a team of unisex hairdressers based in New Milton. We are experienced in all aspects of hairdressing. We provide services such as cutting and styling, colouring, perming and straightening. In addition to this, we also do wedding hair and occasional hair, cutting for men and kids. We only use high-end products from Wella. We are looking for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join our friendly team!
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Annie Avison 01202 205500 email@example.com
- Training in all the Level 2 Hairdressing units; including shampooing, styling, blow-drying, cutting, colouring and perming. Training will be delivered both by the Bournemouth and Poole College as well as the salon
- Build skills in customer services relating to the industry
- Also covering Functional skills maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.