Apprentice Receptionist Hollybrook Medical Centre
Fantastic opportunity to work for a well-run GP surgery in Heatherton and Sinfin. You will become a full time member of the Reception team in assisting patients in obtaining healthcare appropriate to their needs in a willing and helpful manner. This apprenticeship is with Babington.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
27 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Maintain close and effective communication with colleagues
- Update computer medical records as required in a timely manner
- Help to keep waiting rooms tidy and comfortable
- Understand and adhere to Health and Safety regulations
- Understand and adhere to other statutory regulations that are required of the practice
- Understand and adhere to practice operating procedures
- Occasionally secure premises at the end of the day, if last to leave, ensuring that the building is totally secure, internal lights are off and alarm is activated
- Attend and participate in practice meetings whenever possible
- Undertake additional relevant duties as may be required from time to time
- Answering phones
- Patient facing
- Assisting patients with any questions or queries
- Carrying out admin duties where needed
Requirements and prospects
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings, priorities and rights
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Keen learner
GCSE English and maths at Grade C/4 or equivalent.
A future permanent role for the right candidate with view of internal development. All training fully supported.
Things to consider
You will be required to work from both centres - Hollybrook and Sinfin Medical Centre.
About the employer
Medical centre operating 2 centres in Heatherton and Sinfin.
Additional location information
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Sandeep Beesla 07341566130 email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The duration of the apprenticeship is 18 months. During this qualification you will complete training with a specialist trainer reviewing and learning business protocols in an administrative role. Key responsibilities include developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving administrative services. In months 9-12 you will work towards business improvement, which will include reporting and implementing a project for the business.
The business improvement will take you through to EPA where you will complete 1 test, a discussion within your role and present a presentation on the business improvement you have implemented. The qualification is delivered face-to-face with remote visits, and you will have a designated trainer that you can always speak to for support and advice.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.