Security & Fire Systems Installation Apprentice Adept Security Systems Ltd
Working with experienced engineers installing and maintaining Electronic Security Systems & Automatic Fire Alarms in line with the relevant British Standards. We require you to commit to the professional training, through in house and college-based training.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
27 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Electrical and electronic principles - including codes of practice, commissioning, design criteria and installation, testing and maintenance techniques
- Installing, testing and maintaining different systems - including a range of fire, emergency and security systems
- System technologies - including storing, retrieving, manipulating, transmitting and receiving electronic data across a range of information communication technology (ICT) applications
- Using ICT tools and equipment - including email, mobile devices, personal computers and web applications
- Communications - including communication styles and communicating in a clear, articulate and appropriate manner
- Specialist fire, security, fire and emergency lighting or fire and security technician skills
- Health and Safety practices, regulations and legislation within fire, emergency and security environments - including environmental compliance
Requirements and prospects
- No specific skills necessary, all we ask is that you have a passion for learning our trade and can demonstrate that you are pro-active in your learning
- We expect you to be committed throughout to the apprenticeship, as well as show that you can grow in confidence and ability with experience
- You will need to be able to take instructions and act within a timely manner. Being polite and professional is a must
- Maths, Science and ICT GCSE at C (4) grade or equivalent qualification
At the end of your 3 year course you can expect to be working independently if you remain successful and committed throughout the course. In the event you are offered full time employment with us following your apprenticeship you will be considered an improver where you will continue to gain more experience on the job to achieve full competence.
Things to consider
Working away from home is rare but can sometimes be a requirement. You will always be given notice in this event and travel will be arranged for you.
About the employer
Using our vast combined experience, Adept Security Systems have been applying a wide range of security & fire solutions to a wide range of clients with excellent results. Whether your organisation is large or small, our technology is affordable with high quality solutions that are provided to help protect our client’s assets, employees & families, reducing liability & exposure to risks and help reduce insurance costs.
We are accredited by the National Security Inspectorate for all aspects of security including: CCTV Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control along with National Security Inspectorate and BAFE SP203 accredited in the Design, Installation, Commissioning Handover, Servicing and Full Certification of Automatic Fire Detection Systems.
All aspects of our business are acceptable to insurance companies without exception. Adept Security Systems work from a custom built Head Quarters within easy reach of the main arterial motorway networks providing nationwide coverage.
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
- The apprenticeship standard you will achieve is the Fire, Emergency & Security Systems – Technician Level 3
- College attendance is also a requirement, this will be on a block release basis depending on the employers preferred college. The rest of the time will be spent working
- On the job experience and training partnered with a qualified installation/service engineer throughout the 3 year course
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.