Warehouse and Supply Chain Apprentice Creative Nature Limited
An excellent opportunity for a person who has a CAN DO attitude to be able to join an exciting growing food business. Working alongside our Operations Director and team, whilst working towards a Level 2 Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
26 Jan 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is an incredible opportunity for a Warehouse/Supply Chain Operative to take their next step in a food business that is growing year on year. Based in West Molesey Surrey, Creative Nature is a multi-award winning, Top 14 Allergen Free UK brand. We are industry leading experts in ‘Free From’ We specialise in ‘delicious without doubt’ snacks, baking mixes and superfoods that are vegan and ethically produced. We supply major retailers Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Ocado and Amazon. We also export to over 12 countries and supply direct to customer via our own website.
With continued growth and ambitious plans, it is a very exciting time to join the business.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of warehouse and supply chain role from picking and packing, palletising, dispatching, stock takes, sourcing and working with ops teams.
We need someone who is trustworthy, flexible, confident and truly cares about the work that they do. The candidate needs to have an eye for detail and wants to work hard as we pride ourselves in the quality of our products.
The successful candidate will receive full training with our Operations Director.
Main Duties Include:
- Opening up and closing packing area
- Picking and packing orders
- Ensure agreed timings and deadlines are met
- Ensure high standard of work throughout
- Assisting on stock management alongside operations team
- Understanding stock reports / stocktake
- Preparing and dispatching wholesale orders
- Managing goods in and goods out
- Learning new stock related systems
- Reporting back to Operations Director on any low stocks
- Inputting data into a computer and manual recording systems
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness, and compliance with health and safety guidelines
- Minimising waste with maximising output
- Report any potential problems as soon as possible
- Ensure all company procedures are met
- Ensure a tidy work space and work in an organised manner
- Any other duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to work in a team and independently without supervision
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Physical requirements – repeated lifting, pulling or pushing, heavy lifting, prolonged standing
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong team player
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to learn new systems /equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- To be flexible and have a genuine willingness to undertake any tasks which could reasonably be expected of someone in this capacity
- A person with a CAN DO positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure (when deadlines for specific orders are needed to be dispatched on time)
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Confident/ energetic/ quick learner
- Punctual with good attendance
- Passion for the brand
- Team player
- Attention to detail/ accuracy
- Able to communicate effectively
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Able to self-motivate with a positive attitude
- Be able to follow instructions and work consistently to agree specifications
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible attitude towards variations in work load
Ideally GCSE maths and English A-D/9-3 or equivalent
- As a business that is growing we love to promote from within the company, so leadership and supervisory roles are more than achievable with the right attitude and competency
- There is the opportunity to be offered a full time role after completing the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Nearest Train station is Hersham
- Bus station 2 mins walk from Warehouse/Office
- Abellio Buses and 411 to Kingston
About the employer
Creative Nature is a multi-award winning, Top 14 Allergen Free UK brand. We are industry leading experts in ‘Free From’ We specialise in ‘delicious without doubt’ snacks, baking mixes and superfoods that are vegan and ethically produced. We supply major retailers Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Ocado and Amazon. We also export to over 12 countries and supply direct to customer via our own website.
With Great Taste, Quality Food and The Grocer New Product Awards under our belt our products not only cater for more people but win on taste.
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weir Training Ltd
Sarah Caines 01932 567626 firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate will complete an apprenticeship within the agreed subject for the vacancy. This may include a BTEC Diploma/Standard and End Point Assessment. It may also include Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT.
This will be delivered by Weir Training Limited. The candidate will receive full on the job training with the Operations Manager
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.