Apprentice Dental Nurse Highfield Dental Practice
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all. We are a dental practice with a well established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Feb 2022
14 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a Dental Nurse is to assist the Dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Keen to learn
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary; however, we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English.
A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development.
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour as of 1st of April 2020. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20-year olds; £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team and we would love you to join us.
Highfield Dental Practice
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Swati Singh 01708579902 email@example.com
Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard.
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.