Nursery Assistant Apprentice PUDDLEDUCK PRESCHOOL LIMITED
Puddleduck Preschool & Day Nursery is looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated and caring individuals who would enjoy working in an outstanding, nurturing environment to join our team.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
14 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Under the direction of the Nursery & Preschool Leader and Directors, to assist in providing a high standard of early childhood education for children aged between 1-4 years within a stimulating and friendly environment that is physically and emotionally secure.
Children's welfare must be of paramount importance.
- Be one of a team at Puddleducks assisting with responsibilities relating to the children attending Puddleducks
- Maintain, at all times, a high standard of professional conduct and a child centred approach to the care provided in accordance with national and preschool policies/procedures, current legislation, the curriculum, registration requirements and other guidelines issued by Puddleduck and Ofsted
- Work with senior staff on the day to day running of the nursery
- Plan and implement a range of activities with support from senior team members. Regularly monitor and evaluate the activities to suit each child's individual development needs
- Prepare materials and equipment at the start of each session and clearing away at the end. All toys, equipment and play areas must be kept safe and hygienic at all times and as clean and tidy as is practicable, this involves damp dusting, minor cleaning and mopping up of spillage, etc, but will exclude major cleaning
- Ensure that toys and equipment are properly used, withdrawing immediately or rendering harmless any potentially dangerous items and arranging repair or proper disposal thereafter. Also reporting, immediately to senior staff, any repair or maintenance work required to the fabric of the building
- Ensure that senior staff are kept informed of the physical and emotional security of the children, and that anything about a child that gives cause for concern is reported to the Leader and Directors immediately and acted upon accordingly
- Comfort sick or injured children, having administered appropriate first aid or medication, when appropriate, to be recorded at all times
- Responsible for own health, safety and welfare as well as the users of the Preschool in both normal and emergency situations in accordance with the Behaviour and Safety Policy. Also being fully conversant with fire drills and other emergency procedures and taking responsibility for the children under your care
- Supervise and support children at mealtimes
- Attend to the physical needs of the children. Generally fostering their development, independence and self-reliance
- Adopt a flexible and teamwork approach to work at all times including providing the necessary cover for other staff in emergency situations, etc, as directed by and within the limits of registration requirements. When necessary staying late with children ensuring that emergency arrangements are made for them to be reunited with their parent/guardian(s)
- To continue personal development by attending training, by agreement with your line manager in order to keep own qualifications up to date with current legislation
- Responsible for making observations on the children in the to inform future planning of activities for each child to cover the 7 areas of learning and to monitor their achievements
- Responsible for ensuring children settle into the routine
- Attend Parent-teacher meetings
- Act with the child’s best interests in mind at all times
*Please note this Apprenticeship will start as soon as possible*
Requirements and prospects
- Good listening skills
- Good observational skills
- Able to initiate and implement ideas/creative skills
- Planning/organisational skills
- Record keeping/reporting
- Communication skills with children and colleagues
- Able to work on own initiative
- Team worker
- High levels of commitment
A - C/7 - 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths or Level 2 equivalent. However, this is not essential but you must undertake functional skills whislt compelting your apprenticeship to achieve this.
Full time role may be offered once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a vibrant preschool located in Ascot. We provide opportunities for children to grow, explore and discover the world around them while developing their own unique talents and abilities. Puddleduck Preschool & Day Nursery Ascot is a year-round day nursery which caters for children from 1 to 4 years. Located within the beautiful grounds of the historic Ascot Priory, Puddleduck Ascot has 40 acres of woodland for outdoor learning and exploration.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Lauren Coughlan 01753 596004 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.