Childcare Apprentice Edith Rose Day Nursery
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
06 Jan 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification. Activities include:
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- Work well as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Have good communication skills
- Learners must be caring, professional
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional skills including maths and English are covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear CRB may be required by the nursery.
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles. You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles. You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day. You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery. There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work, but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
Edith Rose Nurseries in Ascot and Windsor are here to enhance children's lives. Regardless of the child's age we work alongside parents to provide consistent care and cater to their individual needs.
Edith Rose Day Nursery
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 9566995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in children and young People's Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications. Intermediate apprentices will attend day release. Advanced can choose between day release or evening classes
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Apprenticeships are made up of the Diploma plus Functional Skills in Maths and English and Paediatric First Aid certificate
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.