Level 2 Sewing Machine Apprentice Redwood TTM Ltd
Do you have a talent and interest in Sewing & Textiles and have good attention to detail? This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, well-established company as a Sewing Machinist Apprentice
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
18 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
As the Sewing Machine Apprentice, your duties will include the following:
- Organisation and maintenance of an efficient workstation
- Operating specialist industrial sewing machines
- Adhering to health and safety rules and regulations
- Working with a variety of materials, threads and trimmings
- Using a variety of sewing production techniques and methods
- Producing sewn items that meet quality standards, targets and deadlines
- Interpreting and following instruction and technical specifications
- Monitoring and maintaining the workflow
- Routine machine maintenance
Requirements and prospects
- Some familiarity with sewing/domestic machines
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- An open and friendly personality that works well in a team
- Self-motivation and pride in their work
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly
- Adaptable to new situations and new ways of working
- Good attention to detail
No specific qualifications required, however the appointment will be subject to applicants passing an initial assessment and sewing test through Blackburn College.
Potential full-time contract / progression to the level 3 upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
As specialist fabric manufacturers, we take great pride in our products and services. Through constant development and innovation we can provide clients with ever improving products and service. Using cutting edge technology and a dedicated British support and sales service, we are committed to exceeding client expectations.
We also work towards international and national legislation requirements which help us continually improve performance and ensure that we meet all our customer’s specifications. By combining our manufacturing expertise and the sourcing of only the best materials, we can guarantee the quality and excellence of our high-performance textiles and products.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 email@example.com
Level 2 Sewing Machinist apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.