Apprentice Warehouse and Storage Operative ADVANCED PRODUCT ENGINEERING LIMITED
We are seeking industrious candidates keen to learn, based in our warehouse. You will be involved in every aspect of a busy warehouse and will work with a team of warehouse staff, who are responsible for keeping an orderly warehouse, dealing with deliveries from suppliers.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
18 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your responsibilities in this role will include the following:
- Goods-in – you will need to take delivery of stock, check/ count stock received, accurately book it onto our internal system, and put the stock away. You will also need to liaise with our purchasing team should there be any issues with stock on the delivery. Check documentation
- Goods out – you will need to pick, pack, label & despatch customers’ orders. All orders must leave the warehouse before the end of the day
- Re-packaging stock – you may need to re-package stock that has been received from suppliers
- Stock taking – you may be responsible for checking for differences between the system and physical stock on a daily basis
- Warehouse organisation and cleanliness – you must ensure that the warehouse and premises as a whole are kept orderly and tidy, in line with company procedures ensuring the safety of colleagues and yourself
- Premises & security – you will need to assist with despatching goods, our end of day closing procedures, and generally being vigilant in relation to our stock. Given the high-value nature of the stock we handle, the security of our stock is of the upmost importance
- Communication – you will need to communicate effectively with the warehouse team, other departments and management to help resolve operational and customer services issues
- IT – Basic computer operation
- Forklift usage and other equipment used to move stock – you may need to use a forklift truck to help you to move stock. Training will be provided in the safe operation of these where required
- Processing goods in and out of the warehouse
Requirements and prospects
- Basic computer skills
- Good English and maths
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well on their own as well as within a team
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way with attention to detail
- Keen to learn
- Good initiative
- Ambition to progress
- Friendly personality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Physically fit
GCSE or equivalents in maths and English.
Full time position.
Things to consider
The job is physically demanding.
It involves a lot of walking, lifting and bending.
Working in a warehouse will also mean you are on your feet for a lot of the day
When completing your application, please ensure that you RESEARCH the role and ORGANISATION and that your application is based around what the employer is looking for. This is your opportunity to tell the employer about you, your strengths and make them WANT to interview you!
It’s VITAL that you check spelling and grammar prior to sending the application across. Poor grammar and spelling could result in the employer rejecting your application.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are Advanced Product Engineering - producing bespoke hardware to architectural ironmongers, merchants, manufacturers, and fabricators.
At APE we are passionate about what we do and wholly committed to working with our clients to create successful products at realistic market prices. Going the extra mile is the APE way.
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Davidson Training (UK) Ltd
Lorraine Bunyard 07951480169 email@example.com
Training will be on and off the job working alongside experienced staff. You will receive full training leading towards the achievement of the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard at Level 2.
You will also complete your Functional Skills in maths and English up to Level 2 (if you do not already hold the equivalent). Davidson Training will work alongside your employer in the delivery of the off-the-job training
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.