Childcare Apprentice (Level 2) HEAD STARTS BOURNEMOUTH LTD
Learning from trained professionals' development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
16 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assist with creating a safe environment for the children, preparing activities to aid learning and development
- Act as a keyworker for a small group of children and keeping accurate records
- Having a positive approach to the role and flexibility to work with different age groups
- Following instructions from your Supervisor or Manager
- Changing nappies and feeding when looking after babies
- Keeping to routines
- Observing outdoor play
- Following health and safety and hygiene training at all times
- Respect confidentially of information received
- Attend staff meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator with all ages and other team members
- A willingness to learn and keen interest in this sector
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 3/D or above or Functional Skills level 1 completed
Could progress to level 3 apprenticeship or full-time role.
Things to consider
You will have a college interview as the first stage which can be carried out over the phone.
About the employer
Head Starts Day Nursery is an independent children's nursery managed and led by a highly qualified and experienced manager, with the support of highly qualified and experienced staff.
We are located in Bournemouth with Southbourne, Boscombe, Pokesdown and Iford in close proximity to the nursery. St James Primary, Pokesdown Primary, Corpus Christi, St Thomas Garnet, Stourfield Infants with the recently new Avonwood and St Peter's primaries all within walking distance of us.
Our setting is well resourced and equipped as well as safe and secure. It offers a home from home environment allowing every child to gain social skills and confidence they need in their formative years, providing them with a sound platform and Head Start for transition to school life. Head Starts is highly driven and strives for every child to leave the Early Years Stage with respect for others, along with age appropriate skills and experience for their future learning.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Claire Clark 01202 205831 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Attending college in Poole one day a week during term time for classroom-based learning. You will be visited by an assessor in the workplace.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.