Hairdressing Apprentice Linda Jane Purchase and Emily Louise Purchase
Shorties Hair Salon are looking to take on an apprentice to join their team in Teignmouth. A great opportunity to become qualified as a hair professional.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
15 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties are likely to include:
- Booking appointments
- Blow drying and styling hair
- Also colour and lightening using a range of techniques
You’ll study hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on hair and skin, and the principles of hair colour selection, alongside environmental and sustainable working practices.
There’s also the option to learn about promoting products, perming, and working with different hair types. You will also be required to attend weekly college sessions to cover additional practical training alongside structured theory sessions to enable you to cover the new Hair Professional Standard requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Able to portray a positive friendly attitude to customers at all times
- Excellent communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- The successful candidate will need to be polite and courteous to interact well with clients and colleagues
- must also be able to follow instructions in order to assist the stylists throughout the day, this will help you to gain the knowledge and skills to be successful in your chosen career
- You must also have the enthusiasm and desire to learn new skills, and to progress through your training in order to become a fully qualified stylist at the end of your apprenticeship programme
Qualifications required for this role include A*-E (2-9) in English and maths or the equivalent, for example Functional Skills.
Once having completed your Level 2 qualification, you will have the opportunity to work towards your Level 3 to further enhance your skills.
About the employer
Shorties Hair Design is a local business, full of friendly faces and a homely environmental.
They strongly believe in the company’s ethos of delivering the best customer journey, with the most up-to-date and creative services in a relaxed but professional atmosphere.
Linda Jane Purchase and Emily Louise Purchase
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
- Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Functional Skills in maths and English
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.