Bricklaying Apprentice Jmp Construction Ltd
JMP Construction Ltd are looking to take on an Apprentice Bricklayer to work on construction projects in and around Plymouth. The apprentice will receive full training and support throughout their apprenticeship and be supervised at all times on the construction site.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
14 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
COVID-19 Important Information.
Please do still apply for our apprenticeship opportunities despite the COVID-19 outbreak, we are all planning to secure future opportunities, and Skills Group is able to support you to make decisions about your future even whilst you cannot come in and meet us at this time.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has significantly affected many of our employers and their businesses and has restricted opportunities available for them to meet new people to join their team; like us, they remain committed to protecting you and keeping you safe.
Please apply via the website or contact us on 01752 332442 and one of our dedicated team will be able to discuss your career options.
We look forward to welcoming you to Skills Group in the future.
In the meantime, please do keep safe and observe the safety advice you have been given.
The apprentice will be supervised at all times working closely with the employer to learn all aspects of bricklaying.
Work duties will include:
- Setting out work areas
- Understanding and Interpreting information
- Preparing mortar by hand
- Using specific tools required for tasks
- Measuring materials and cutting
- Keeping all work areas clean and tidy
- Manual lifting
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Passionate about construction
- Ability to work in an accurate and organised manner
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A good level of fitness
- The apprentice must be reliable and motivated to work within the construction sector and undertake national recognised qualifications
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team and take instructions
- Good time keeping as construction workers are on site early in the morning
No previous qualifications are required for this role, as full training will be provided.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity for full time employment will be available for the right candidate.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
JMP Construction is a family operated business with extensive experience in construction and general building.
Specialists in extensions, building renovations, new builds and property maintenance. JMP Construction is a respectable and long established building firm in the South Hams.
Jmp Construction Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Maths and English (If GCSE Maths and English are not at Grade C or above)
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- CSCS training to be provided
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.