Child Care Level 3 Apprenticeship Roger's Burrow Nursery
Pixieland Day Nursery, in Plymouth City Centre, have a fantastic opportunity for Level 2 qualified candidates to progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship and join their experienced team and to develop their career in Child Care.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
15 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
COVID-19 Important Information.
Please do still apply for our apprenticeship opportunities despite the COVID-19 outbreak, we are all planning to secure future opportunities, and Skills Group is able to support you to make decisions about your future even whilst you cannot come in and meet us at this time.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has significantly affected many of our employers and their businesses and has restricted opportunities available for them to meet new people to join their team; like us, they remain committed to protecting you and keeping you safe.
Please apply via the website or contact us on 01752 332442 and one of our dedicated team will be able to discuss your career options.
We look forward to welcoming you to Skills Group in the future.
In the meantime, please do keep safe and observe the safety advice you have been given.
- The right candidates must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs
- They will carry out many tasks such as supervising children’s play time, engaging children in learning and play activities, and keeping and updating records
- They will be working with a qualified team where they will be helping to maintain the high standards required for this position
- They will also be required to attend staff meetings where they learn about the processes and procedures they will be following for this position
- They will be supervised by a qualified member of staff and must follow the companies procedures including health and safety in the workplace, as well as making sure that all play equipment and books are put away at the end of the day
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to have good communication skills when dealing with children and adults, and be reliable and hardworking
- You must have the ability to follow procedures, and to work as part of a team along with being able to use your initiative when working alone
- The successful candidate must have great leadership and organisational skills, and be confident in everything they do
- You must have the ability to work well under pressure, as well as possess good problem solving skills and flexibility in your approach to work
- The successful candidate will need to be caring, reliable, and enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn in a professional busy nursery
- You will need to be outgoing, flexible and show a willingness to progress and succeed in your own chosen career
You will need to have a Level 2 qualification in Child Care/Early Years in order to undertake the Level 3 qualification. Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A-C 9-4 in maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills.
On completion of your Level 3 qualification, should any future vacancies occur, then the right candidate would be considered for the role.
Things to consider
In order to be successful for this position, you will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This will be arranged by the employer after successfully completing the initial interview.
About the employer
Pixieland Day Nursery has been established for over 25 years and they have 4 nurseries in the Pixieland chain. At Pixieland nurseries they follow a professional approach towards learning and development. They promote a friendly environment for the children to learn and play in, and teach them to respect each other as well as themselves, whilst having fun at the same time.
The experienced management team at Pixieland are highly qualified including level 4, BA honours degrees and Early Years Foundation Status amongst their qualifications. They also have a wealth of experience in their members of staff. They are open 51 weeks of the year, excluding bank holidays, and make sure they go out of their way to accommodate busy parents who both work by opening at 7am in the mornings and closing at 6.30pm evenings.
They have four centres in and around the Plymouth area, where they have built up great relationships with very loyal customers and prepared many children for their first steps into school.
Roger's Burrow Nursery
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.