Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Shades Hair & Beauty Concept
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Northampton. Shades Hair and Beauty Studio is looking for an apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
10 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying the salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients' hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained
- Completing all NVQ assessments
- Being responsible for brining in own models for assessments
- Logging of the job training hours onto one file portfolio
- Vetting customers as they walk in
- To attend every visit with assessor whether it be at the salon or over zoom
Tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- You should be smart with a good attitude to work and time keeping
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 Hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto Level 2 Customer service and following that level 3 Hair with a good training program.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the Hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning!
Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon. There will be some long periods of standing. Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the Hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Shades Hair & Beauty is the choice of people to look their best. A blend of perfect hair cutting, contemporary coloring, flawless finishing and personalised guest service means you can rest assured that you are in professional hands.
At Shades Hair & Beauty Studios, we offer the very best range of up to the minute high quality Hairdressing and beauty services under one roof.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Hannah Hayes 07500049075 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.