Tool room Engineering Technician Apprentice Tooling International
You would be exposed to: Torx Pins & Solid Punches , Torx Plus Pins & Punches . Combi & Tamper Resistant Autosert Pins , Inserts , 12-point Specials , Assy , rim Dies, External Hex Lobe, Piercing Punches , Nut-Piercing Punches, Phillips & 1A Pins & Punches PHILLIPS II® PHILLIPS and more.
Closing date: 25 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
07 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful candidate to enter into an apprenticeship where they will be trained in the development of Tooling engineering techniques. This position has great potential to grow into a very rewarding career.
You will work with Engineers, Programmers, Planners and other Machinists to produce quality Prototype parts in a timely manner. Learning to safely manufacture parts using various tooling and machinery within tolerances defined on drawings and CAD models using high-precision machines and inspection tools. Training consisting of the ability to be quality-minded while learning the process of developing and manufacturing the products.
The key learning opportunities for the role are:
- Operating / Setting / Programming various CNC machinery / programmes
- Undertaking Milling, Turning, Grinding techniques
- Operating /setting conventional machinery
- Fabrication / Folding
- Using CAD / CAM
- Be able to use Verniers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Working within tolerance
- Quality / Inspection
- Adhering to health and safety requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach
- Enjoy working hands on with manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D components
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
The ideal candidate will be:
- Excellent timekeeping
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
You must have a minimum grade 4 or above (grade A-C) in maths and English or equivalent
Permanent position available
About the employer
Tooling International Ltd was founded in 1982 with a view to developing and manufacturing recess tooling for the world’s fastener producing industry.
Thanks to our almost unrivalled knowledge and experience of recess technology, gained by working very closely with some of the largest and most prestigious fastener producers worldwide, TIL has firmly established itself as, arguably, the world’s leading manufacturer of high quality header tooling, working within the framework of the accredited ISO 9001 certified controls.
At the forefront of the industry, TIL has grown both its portfolio of products and its worldwide market share.
In addition to products manufactured under licence, we also produce a wide and varied range of standard and high-precision special recess tooling, common and unique to exacting standards, both national & international as well as industry specific, including aerospace & automotive.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Swapon Dey 07896482556 email@example.com
You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks.
During this time, you will complete your:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.