Business Administration & Support Apprentice Driver Hire Plymouth & Bodmin
This busy office is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable apprentice to join their team and build towards a career in logistics recruitment. This vacancy offers a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and progress into a management role in the future.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
16 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
The successful candidate will need excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and drivers, and a desire to succeed within the industry. You will need to be positive, cheery and professional in an environment which can often be stressful and busy. You must be eager to learn and achieve set goals
You will be learning to provide the following duties:
- Assist senior staff in driver selection and recruitment interviews
- Work with the operations systems and take bookings from customers
- Assist the team with any administration tasks as required, such as filing, emailing, calling candidates and clients, license checks and use of in-house computer systems
- Assist with uploading information on new and completed training courses so will need good, reliable, maths, English and ICT skills
- To assist with finance-based tasks such as travel expenses
- Be the main point of contact for enquires by email/telephone/post or face to face
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate well with others, face to face and on the telephone
- Good Maths, English and ICT skills
- Pick up tasks quickly
- Well presented
- You will need to be keen to complete an apprenticeship and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine interest in own development and progression
- A good team player, happy to work with others but able to use own initiative for own tasks
- GCSEs at grades 9/4 or A*- C in maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Good IT skills
- Previous work experience in an office or logistics environment would be an advantage
This apprenticeship could lead to a permanent role within the business and the opportunity of further training and development. For the right candidate there will be an opportunity to progress into a management-based role as career progresses.
Things to consider
Part of the qualification will require regular College attendance (currently one day per month) to complete off the job training requirements.
College is based near the Marsh Mills retail park in Plymouth.
About the employer
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We offer temporary and permanent driving jobs, non-driving work and Driver CPC training.
Driver Hire Plymouth & Bodmin
Focus Training And DCET Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Focus Training (SW) Ltd
Trevor Barnes 07836536590 email@example.com
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- On the job training to support job role/development
- Off the job training (College attendance) so support qualification requirements
- One-week Driver Hire Induction Training (currently remote but usually delivered in Bradford)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.