Engineering Apprentice LA Husbands Ltd
Are you interested in Welding and Fabrication? Do you want to work for a leading manufacturer on bespoke projects? Do you want to learn and earn? Apply now.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2022
03 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice you will be learning from some of the most experienced and specialist engineers in this field.
Your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Learning the production environment
- Learning different methods of welding and fabrication
- Learning how to use hand tools correctly
- Working as part of a team
- Working to customer specifications
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using your own initiative
- Practical mindset
- Punctual with a good attendance and timekeeping history
- Willing to learn
- Genuine passion for engineering and manufacturing
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English or functional skills Level 2 or equivalent
- You will have the opportunity to further your qualifications as well as the potential to go onto specialised training courses
About the employer
As the sole UK volume manufacturer of lift solutions our client are proud to be a part of the engineering heritage of the West Midlands and have produced dumbwaiter lifts at their factory for over 50 years.
Their experienced manufacturing and installing service and goods lifts has led to development of partnerships with some of Europe’s major lift manufactures and in addition to range of standard and bespoke dumbwaiters they offer a full range of lifts for buildings. Including platform lifts to assist and improve access and passenger mobility, plus a range of larger capacity trolley and goods lifts to ensure efficient and safe working practice when moving goods between floors.
With the ability to meet customer demands and installation requirements for their dumb waiter lift or platform lift, our client can produce bespoke solutions from concept and design through to manufacture and installation offering a one stop solution to all.
Possessing a wide and varied client list which includes both individual site operators and national and international known brands. Our client has installed dumbwaiters, platform lifts and goods lifts in some of the UK’s most iconic buildings and customers include private homes, hotels and restaurants, hospitals, schools, universities and public and government buildings.
LA Husbands Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Elaine Corbett 07875009322 email@example.com
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills as required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
You will progress onto a Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering which is a 42 month programme where you will receive on the job training and be required to attend LEMA Academy 2 days per week for the first 12 months. Having a background of engineering and manufacturing will be beneficial to you in this role.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.