Hairdressing Apprentice ADAM ROGERS LTD
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 15 - 18 months with the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
03 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting hair
- Tinting hair
- Styling hair, setting and dressing hair
- Reception duties
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Be well presented in all aspects including clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- Enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior Stylists; others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 15 - 18 months to complete. During this time, you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn. It is often a fast-paced environment. You may be expected to work Saturdays.
About the employer
On the 13th of December 1999 we opened our first salon, located in Hammersmith. We were the Franchisees of a salon group where my wife Potsie and I managed for 15 years until we left in March 2014. Having spent that amount of time in one place we built an amazing team 20 strong into a great salon including one of the most successful beauty salons in Hammersmith, but to eclipse this it wouldn't have meant anything if it wasn't for the strong relationships and mutual loyalty from our clients. We met some amazing people along the way and loved every minute of our time there. After we left, we worked hard to still maintain the service to our clients with the help of some amazing people who supported us and all the great people who worked for them. With our unsettled work style, we decided to find a base, a home of our own and after what seemed like eternity, we found a small salon in the affluent area of Ravenscourt and the rest is the future. Our mission is to give the best standard of service we can and aim to make anyone who comes to us leave with an example of how it is supposed to be done.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Lucy Limerick 0208 953 9344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products. Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right.
Instead they are a framework made up of many elements. An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work-based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of client
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- An intermediate Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills qualifications such as Communication and maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.