Early Years Apprentice Oxford Nanoimaging Ltd
A unique opportunity to join a team of extremely passionate early years professionals and discover more about what it takes to offer truly exceptional experiences to children. Based in Oxford and opened in November 2019, ONI Nursery is like no other.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
02 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
All early years professionals have to take on many roles over the nursery day, cleaning, preparing/serving food, laundry, gardening, decorating and writing reports to name but a few and this is all while supporting and observing children’s play.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Safeguarding children at all times
- Inspiring children with positivity and a can-do attitude
- Bringing fun into the day
- Being a positive role model
- Having meaningful interactions with children
- Supporting children's learning through play
- Voicing opinions and sharing ideas with peers
- Communicating with parents/carers (verbally and electronically)
- Acting as a team to manage daily tasks
- Maintaining cleanliness within the setting
- Valuing the voices of the children, parents/carers and peers
- Attending informal and formal meetings
- Carrying out intimate care routines
- Contributing to companywide presentations
You will also need to be prepared to undertake professional development including but not limited to:
- Paediatric first aid
- Food hygiene training
- Fire marshal training
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Good use of written and spoken English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enjoys being outdoors in all weather
- Cheery disposition
- Passionate about early years
No previous qualifications required.
Possibility of full-time employment on completion of apprenticeship and exceptional work ethic.
Things to consider
- Position is subject to DBS check
- Hours and days are subject to change depending on operational needs, so applicant must have some flexibility
- Earlier starts/later evenings may be required for Staff meetings and team training
About the employer
ONI is a biotech company that has been bringing technology to the word that helps put technology into the hands-off scientists all over the world.
To support their dedicated team, we opened an onsite nursery in November 2019.
In 2021 we will be opening to the general public and are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate person to join our nursery team.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Activate Apprenticeships
Melissa Carr email@example.com
- Work based training
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills maths and English 4-9 (A-C)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.