Apprentice Dental Nurse Honour Health Stanley
Attend to the surgeries at the dental practice and learn the skills to become a dental nurse. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
30 Nov 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide chairside assistance ensuring the correct equipment is available
- Keep clinical area and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile according to the practice health and safety infection control procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients, accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety rules and guidance
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete lab request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- Smart appearance
- Take pride in their appearance
- Have a fantastic work ethic
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Career as a dental nurse.
About the employer
At Honour Health, we strive to provide the highest clinical standards of dental healthcare and skincare. Our patients’ interest and wellbeing always come first, and we provide patient-centred care, treating everyone with kindness and respect.
Prevention of dental disease and maintaining skin health is at the heart of our practice. We understand the mutual links between dental health, skin health and general health, and this knowledge and holistic approach underpins the way we provide care. Ultimately, we aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the North East and for all of our patients to maintain health over a lifetime and ‘smile more – live life’.
NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Durham
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.