Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 Lilliput Lodge Childrens Day Nursery Limited
A Nursery Practitioner plays an important role in assisting in the care and education of young children. As a Childcare Apprentice you will be planning and organising both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of children’s personal care needs.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Feb 2023
24 Nov 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 26 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 26 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About the employer
We are registered by Ofsted as a 50 place ‘Outstanding’ day nursery for children aged 0-5 years. We are the first nursery in Sandwell to achieve Quality Assurance for the third time for the high standards of care and education we offer. Our Equal Opportunity Policy promotes full inclusion. With our ‘child centred’ approach, we, as parents ourselves, feel the importance of giving children the freedom of expression and choice to grow and develop at their own pace, discovering their individual interests and independence.
We, as skilled childcare practitioners understand that supporting your child socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually and extending your child’s rapid development during the critical early years, is essential for encouraging good relationship building and a positive attitude to learning.
Set in acres of recreational grounds, we can be found on the edge of an unspoilt woodland and nature reserve. Therefore, as we value the importance of exploration, our curriculum is able to offer the perfect opportunity for outdoor adventures where children can experience their natural world. As well as fun learning out of doors, our extensive facilities inside the nursery include carefully planned areas for all age groups to enjoy! Fully equipped to encourage your child’s imagination through art, science, drama, music, P.E., role-play and much more!
Lilliput Lodge Childrens Day Nursery Limited
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Jessica Jones 0121 594 0459 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 NVQ Early Years Practitioner - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.