Teaching and Supporting in Schools Level 3 Apprentice Our Lady's & St Swithin R C Primary School
To work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction of qualified staff in the Early Years setting of the school, inclusive of physical/social needs general care and basic classroom management techniques to support their learning.
Closing date: 22 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Jan 2022
20 Nov 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Support for the school:
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and development/improvement plan
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop, respecting their social, cultural, linguistic, religious, and ethnic backgrounds
- Work as part of a team, appreciating and supporting the role of other people in the team
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of directed lesson time, including before and after school, if appropriate and within working hours
- Undertake personal development through training and other learning activities including performance management as required
- Assist with the organisation, routines and upkeep of the wider learning environment
- Accompany teaching staff and children on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
This is not a comprehensive list of all tasks which may be required of the postholder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational awareness
- Use of technology
- Professional values and practice
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Patient, kind, considerate and with a determination to meet the needs of the pupils
- Punctual, with good self presentation
- Able to work with school aged primary children and address their needs
- Display a responsible attitude towards, staff members, children, and parents
To have obtained GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths, or Functional Skills English and maths at minimum Level 1.
To gain valuable experience working with children in a busy primary school environment.
Things to consider
This is an extremely rewarding yet demanding role for the right candidate.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our Lady and St Swithins Primary School is based in the Croxteth area of Liverpool.The School has over 250 children ranging in age from 3-11. The School offers each child regardless of thier starting point the opportunities that they are entitled to.
Our Lady's & St Swithin R C Primary School
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Community Services (Merseyside) Ltd
Shirley Ashcroft 0151 528 5888 email@example.com
To work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction of qualified staff in Key Stage 2 setting of the school, inclusive of physical/social needs general care and basic classroom management techniques to support their learning.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.