Business Administration Apprentice Middlesbrough College
Middlesbrough College are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Business Administration Apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Middlesbrough College.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Mar 2022
17 Nov 2020
Level 3 (A level)
- Meeting and greeting visitors and learners to the department in a friendly and helpful manner
- Effectively communicate via telephone, Teams, Skype, face to face and email
- Undertake all administrative duties including data input and assist with the preparation of reports, using relevant information systems
- Reporting to, and supporting the Payroll and HR Team to ensure all staff payroll paperwork is processed in a timely manner and is accurate
- Ensure general filing of electronic and paper correspondence is kept up to date
- Undertake departmental administrative projects as and when required
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements and demonstrate a sensitive approach to the role due to the nature of information managed in the HR department
- Keep the Departmental notice boards up to date and ensure the administrative area is tidy and organised
- Actively show a commitment to the Departmental Strategic Objectives
- Show an active commitment to the College's Equality and Diversity Policy, Quality Frameworks and Health and Safety Procedures
- Actively participate in Continuous Professional Development including the introduction of new technologies to allow you to contribute effectively to the success of the College
- Carry out such other appropriate duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience
- The College may, in consultation with you, need to vary these duties from time to time in order to respond to the changing requirements of the College
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good personal presentation skills
- Team player
- The ability to empathise with learners from a wide range of backgrounds
- Evidence of a desire to work in a very busy office environment
- Commitment to quality of work with attention to detail
- Commitment to achievement of the Level 3 qualification
- Commitment to continued personal development
- To commit to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults within the College
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Potential employment upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills.
Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
The Leading College in the Tees Valley! Our focus is to equip you with the education, skills and training to progress into employment or higher education when you leave us. That’s why 95% of all the full time students that completed courses with us last summer have already secured employment, an apprenticeship or are accessing further study at College or University.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.