Apprentice Service Engineer CTE UK Limited
Learn the trade and skills of a service engineer in the truck and track mounted access industry. You will assist our current engineers in their tasks and learn on the job the various workings of the platforms we service. The age range of platforms varies from brand new to 15+ years there is a wide variety of parts to fit and problems to solve.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 39.50
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
18 Nov 2020
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for an apprentice service engineer to come to the UK’s leading manufacturer of truck and track mounted powered access platforms to learn the trade of a service engineer by means of a national apprenticeship with a view to joining the team on a full contract here at our UK head office after the successful completion of the course.
You will follow the lead of our time served skilled engineers in drawing off their experience of maintaining this equipment.
- Fetching and carrying tools and spare parts
- Assist loading and unloading spare part deliveries in-coming and outgoing.
- Assist unloading of new deliveries of equipment
- Follow instructions and carry out tasks as and when required from the engineers
- Once trusted to do so you will under supervision carry out tasks involved in repairing and maintaining ours and our customers equipment
- Electrical, hydraulic and engine work will be a daily occurrence to build your skills upon
- Keeping the stock room clean and tidy
- Cleaning workshop each week
- Draw on knowledge on the engineers to gain from their valuable experience
- You will not work with more qualified people to learn from so you must be open to learning and most importantly listening
Please consider the following points when applying for this vacancy
Early starts, all weather working, dirty environment, no mobile phone environment. This is not a short course to become a fully qualified engineer in a short space of time, it will take patience and dedication.
Requirements and prospects
- Good hand coordination skills
- This role is very practical and required the use of hand tools
- Good listener
- Willing to learn
- Desire to succeed
- With the right attitude
GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and maths (Or equivalent)
The potential to secure full time permanent employment as a service engineer for the right applicant.
Things to consider
Early starts, all weather working, dirty environment, no mobile phone environment. This is not a short course to become a fully qualified engineer it will take patience and dedication to learn the required skills.
About the employer
Since 1981 CTE has been creating solutions to make your working at height easier and safer. This is our promise.
A company with an Italian heart and history behind it along with an international vocation, which continues to put its customers at the centre of its projects and services.
We listen to the needs of each of our clients as if they were the only one: working in this way companies from all over Italy and Europe rely on CTE and are able to realize their projects, both small and large, having found a partner who can meet their expectations. Since 1981 we have produced and distributed more than 10 thousand truck mounted platforms: our first guarantee of reliability. Along with the growth in number of machines produced so has our wealth of knowledge and experience, relationships and safety culture, which we wish to put at your service.
Discover our corporate video:
WORK BECOMES EASY: a way of being, living, working
Efficient services, innovative technical solutions, timely assistance, professional advice and training: ‘Work Becomes Easy’ is all this.
A style, a philosophy at the heart of which are our customers, their safety, their quality of life. For this reason there is a group in CTE united by ideas, motivation and passion to simplify the work of companies active in the lifting of people and objects.
More and more companies in Italy and Europe rely on CTE to give substance to their small and large projects, to find a reliable partner to meet their expectations and needs. Turning the seemingly impossible into a simple reality.
CTE UK Limited
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
- Level 3 Powered Access Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills - English & maths ( if required)
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.