Nursery Nurse Apprentice Headstart Montessorians
Being a key worker for individual children and planning activities according to the EYFS. You need to be responsible for caring for babies and children while working with the nursery manager, parents and other team members.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
17 Nov 2020
Level 3 (A level)
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Headstart Montessori Day Nursery.
- An ability to work in all areas of the nursery with different age groups of children
- Fully understand the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery
- Prepare snacks for the children
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day
- Helping with supervising children during activities and play
- Helping with setting up equipment and areas for activities, making sure everything is safe and suitable for the children
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff
- Reporting the room leader and managers of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working in a child care setting with babies and young children
- Good use of English and maths
- Hard worker and willing to be flexible
- Conscientious and works to a high standard
- Kind and caring qualities
- Bubbly personality
- Willingness to learn and also to contribute to the team eg. ideas for activities
- Reliable and has good timekeeping
- GCSE’s or equivalent maths and English Grades 4-9 (A-C) or Functional Skills Level 2
- It is preferred that applicants have an accredited level 2 qualification in child care
- Becoming a senior room leader or similar position of responsibility
Things to consider
- According to your shift pattern you may have early starts or late finishes
- You will be answerable to your manager or room leader
- Train or bus journey commute to work
- You must attend college workshops as required
About the employer
Headstart Montessori Day Nursery is a private day care facility with an outdoor space which children have frequent access to, supported by outings to the local community and nearby park.
The Montessori Sensorial materials and equipment help children learn about the world through all their senses. Staff are trained to work within the Early Years Foundation Stage and recognise that “all children have from birth a need to develop, learning through interaction with people and exploration of the world around them”. The Early Year’s framework recognises the holistic nature of development and learning and covers the six areas of development.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Joe Lucas 0208 518 1344 JoeLucas@trainingtrust.org.uk
- Level 3 early years educator standard
- Functional skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.