Bricklaying Apprentice Joseph Busuttil
JB Builders is looking to take on an Apprentice Bricklayer to join their team in Plymouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
17 Nov 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
The right candidate will need to be physically fit for and have plenty of stamina for this demanding role, which will involve working indoors and outdoors.
You will be required to carry out duties such as:
- Laying bricks
- Laying paving stones & blocks correctly
- Checking alignments throughout each stage
- You will be shown how to prepare and spread mortar, using the correct ratio mixes
You will learn how to use all the specialist hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with this role. You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs. You will be shown how to use all the power tools and specialised cutting equipment safely and correctly by a qualified member their team.
Throughout your training you will be supervised by a fully qualified member of the team, who will also make you aware of Health and Safety procedure in the work place, as well as ensuring that you clean and put away all specialised tools and equipment used throughout the day correctly. This is a very exciting, varied and demanding role for the right candidate to progress in this chosen trade.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent time keeping and attendance are also desirable
- Good communication skills to work well within a team
- The ideal candidate will need to be physically fit and show a keen interest to progress for this demanding role
- You must be confident when working at heights, as this role will involve working on top of secured scaffolding and platform towers
- You will need to show the enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop your skills, with the aim to secure full time employment and be fully qualified at the end of you apprenticeship programme
- You need to have good hand eye coordination skills and show a focused approach to the job in hand, with an eye for detail and quality finish
- The successful candidate will need to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy outdoor physical work to succeed, so stamina is vital for this role as it is quite demanding
Full training will be given.
On completion of your Level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity to apply for a full-time post may be offered to the right candidate.
About the employer
JB Builders is a Plymouth based sub-contracting company who have built their reputation on quality, trust and outstanding expertise.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
The Apprenticeship in Bricklaying consists of:
- Level 2 Bricklayer Standard
- Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test
As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our Skills Group training centre for one day per week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated Skills Group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
Whilst at the Skills Group training centre, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the rest will be practical. You will develop your hand skills, carry out brick and block work, learn the correct use of specific tools, carry out pointing and learn mortar ratio mixes under the guidance of your assessor. Learning all these additional skills will benefit you on returning to the employer.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
As part of your apprenticeship Skills Group will also support you to complete your online CSCS test, which will enable you to apply for your CSCS Card. This shows that you are at the required competent level to carry out site work with the employer.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.