Bricklaying Apprentice Alexander Payne
A.J. Payne Construction are looking to take on an Apprentice Bricklayer to work on construction projects in and around Cornwall. The apprentice will receive full training and support throughout their apprenticeship and be supervised at all times on the construction site.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
13 Nov 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will be supervised at all times working closely with the employer to learn all aspects of bricklaying.
Work duties will include:
- Safe working practices
- Setting out work areas
- Understanding and Interpreting information
- Preparing mortar manually
- Using specific tools required for tasks
- Measuring materials and cutting
- Keeping all work areas clean and tidy
- Manual Lifting
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and organisation skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Team working skills
- The apprentice must be reliable and motivated to work within the construction sector and undertake national recognised qualifications
- Able to take instructions
- Prepared for early starts as construction workers are on site early in the morning.
- Able to cope with the physical demand of the role
- Passionate about construction
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and a good level of fitness
GCSE or equivalent A-C 9/4 maths and English would be desirable but not essential as full support will be given to succeed.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity for full time employment will be available for the right candidate.
About the employer
A.J. Payne Construction are a Bricklaying company based in Liskeard, carrying out work within Cornwall and Surrounding Areas.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English (If GCSE maths and English are not at Grade C/4 or above)
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- CSCS training to be provided
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.