Apprentice Lean Manufacturer PVL UK LIMITED
To design, produce and install all sorts of signs, from those displayed on company entrances to the advertising hoardings you see around building projects. You will be required to work within our busy production facility carrying out other sign and graphics duties.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
03 Nov 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To assist producing various types of signs including installation
- To assist producing and applying livery for vehicles
- Minimise wastage and rework at all stages of production
- Achieve the production schedule as directed by your line manager
- Accurately record data for material usage and time on Clarity and Quality Management System
- Follow documented client preferences through production process, alerting Production Team Leader or Sales Administrator to any discrepancies or errors as early as possible
- Packing and labelling items for despatch as instructed
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, organised and safe workshop and work area always
- To assist Production Assistants producing emergency service livery kits when needed
- Preparing vehicles or surfaces correctly in advance of the application of material (cleaning and preparing)
- Ensure the company's customer service standards are met on and off site
- Maintain and build company image by collaborating with customers, acting professionally and courteously at all times, enforcing ethical business practices
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail, consistency and high levels of accuracy at all stages of production
- You will need to be adaptable, able to multitask and show a willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Demonstrate you can offer commitment to PVL
- Good work ethic
- GCSE grade or equivalent A-C (8-4) in English & maths preferred
- Training will be provided for the specific systems we use
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to a position as a Sign Display Specialist or Application Technician
About the employer
PVL are experts in high visibility graphics and corporate branding and have successfully brought together many people, processes and products within the graphics industry over the last decade enabling us to call upon many years of experience in a wide variety of fields.
PVL UK Ltd is proud to announce that in June 2014 we were awarded the privileged status of 3M Authorised Vehicle Wrapper (AVW). This puts us in the top vehicle graphic companies in the UK and we are one of only a few elite AVW’s in the South of England.
PVL can supply you with anything from high visibility graphics for emergency services vehicles and highways users such as utilities and construction companies to corporate fleet graphics including both part and complete vehicle wraps.
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Motor Industry Training
Fozia Akhtar 01932 341416 email@example.com
- Level 2 Lean Manufaturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.