Apprentice Nursery Assistant Boys & Girls Nursery (Watford) Limited
Full time Apprenticeship vacancy available at Boys and Girls Nursery Watford. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, to take on the role of Nursery Apprentice for our established nursery.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
30 Oct 2020
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, to take on the role of Nursery Apprentice for our established nursery. This setting offers nursery education for children aged 3 months to five years all year round.
You will be supporting the room leader and working alongside a team of six experienced staff to ensure that the highest standards are met in all areas. You should have excellent communication and organisational skills in addition to the appropriate qualifications.
You will be required to:
- Ensure the smooth running of the room
- Adhere to the setting’s policies and procedures, and possess a working knowledge of safeguarding, SEN and inclusive practice
- Plan and implement the EYFS, to ensure a fun and stimulating environment to support the learning and developmental needs of the children
- Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Committed to the apprenticeship
- Employment may be offered once the apprenticeship has been completed
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 grades preferred, but not essential
Things to consider
- 50% discount on nursery fees
- 28 days holiday per year
- Paid staff meetings & parent’s evenings
- Regular team building events
- Training provided from basic food hygiene to childcare qualifications
About the employer
Watford nursery located in a purpose built building in the heart of Watford’s business district and a stone’s throw away from the shopping centre and Watford Junction station.
All rooms are monitored by CCTV and parents can ask to watch this from the reception area to ensure their little one has settled.
Our dedicated staff team ensure all the children in our care are kept busy by offering a range of activities every day. Our three base rooms (Babies, Toddlers and Pre-School) have been designed with lots of different areas to ensure everyone has plenty of room to play, learn, explore and have fun in. Our gardens at the front and back of the nursery are in constant use – the children love nothing more than being out in the fresh air with their friends. All children take part in weekly Gymboree and Tiny Mites music sessions and our Pre-School children also have a weekly French lesson. Regular walks around the area are enjoyed by all too.
Keeping everyone busy means we need to make sure all of the children enjoy wholesome home-cooked meals and snacks every day. Shillah our chef has been with us since the very start of Boys & Girls Nursery and has a wealth of experience making sure every dietary requirement is met!
Boys & Girls Nursery Watford is proud to have achieved a ‘Good’ OFSTED rating at our last OFSTED Inspection. We are also proud holders of the Herts Quality Standard Award – something that the team worked very hard to achieve
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Lauren Coughlan 01753 596004 email@example.com
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce
- The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path
- Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including Skype, virtual classroom, facetime, and telephone, and additionally provide support and motivation
- Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.