Level 2 Apprentice Childcare Practitioner LITTLE PEOPLE (ALWOODLEY) LIMITED
To work with Children aged three months to five years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities working under supervision. To include, setting up planned activities, helping children at meal times, personal care routines, assessing health and safety in the setting for the children and general tidying.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jan 2022
29 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Little People Child Care are passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Apprentice who loves children and wishes to develop a career in Early Years Childcare'. The successful candidates will join our established nursery in Alwoodley. The right candidate will work with a great team of committed staff.
- Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents/carers and give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents/other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities
Complete job description will be provided at interview.
Requirements and prospects
- Good language and conversational skills
- Good written skills
- Works well in a team
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organised and prompt
- Excellent personal presentation and hygiene
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths at grade C/4 or above, or alternatively Functional/Key Skills at Level 1 or above.
After completion of the Apprenticeship at Level 2, the candidate will be supported to achieve the full Level 3 qualification if applicable and become a Key Person responsible for a group of children.
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
About the employer
At the Alwoodley site we offer childcare from 3 months to 5 years and a ‘wrap-around’ service in all our nurseries.
In addition to this we operate a Funclub which offers before and after school care, and is open to all children, from all schools up to age 11 years during the school holidays.
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aire Vocational Training Ltd
Lynne Green firstname.lastname@example.org
Training towards the Early Years Practitioner qualification in Childcare, license to practise, through a registered Awarding Body. This will be completed with Aire Vocational Training Limited. Candidates will be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA) after their 12 months practical period. Full training description will be provided at your interview.
- L2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- Training towards EPA
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.