Nursery Assistant Apprentice Clarendon Cottage
The Cottage Nursery, is situated in Eccles, Salford. They are committed to providing exceptionally high standards of childcare and education for children aged from birth to 5 years old. They are looking to recruit a highly motivated apprentice who is looking to develop a career as a Nursery Practitioner.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
15 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Contribute to the provision of a safe, well maintained and stimulating play environment in which children are able to play freely.
- Assist Lead Practitioners in the planning, preparation and implementation of activities which meet the children’s individual needs.
- Assist the Lead Practitioners in the assessment of children.
- Work face-to-face with the children
- Follow guidelines, policies and procedures for safe-guarding children as recommended by the registering Authority.
- Administer First Aid as appropriate.
- Administer intimate care for all children.
Staff and Management:
- Assist and contribute to the management and supervise the activity of other employees and volunteers.
- Contribute to team meetings to facilitate the planning, preparation, implementation and assessment of activities.
- Contribute to and be involved in, liaison with parents, schools and other agencies as appropriate.
- Encourage parental involvement and support of the Nursery.
- Assist the Lead Practitioners to develop best practices which meet identified quality indicators.
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate records, registers and reports.
Requirements and prospects
A warm, caring and patient nature; good communication skills; the ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way.
- An interest in child development and an awareness of child safety issues
- The ability to work in a team and a willingness to develop your skills.
A-C Grades in Maths and English desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017