Apprentice Dispensing Assistant DAYCHEM LTD
General shop work, helping with pharmacy orders and stock ordering. Taking in prescriptions and checking validity. Helping out in the dispensary.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
26 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Provide a fast and caring service to customers collecting prescriptions
- Giving over the counter advice
- Discussing other services available to customers
- Checking off incoming deliveries in line with delivery lists
- Collecting final check medicines from the pharmacist to hand to correct customer
- Handing prescriptions to the pharmacist
- Ordering stock
- Checking expiry dates on products and disposing of outdated products
- Checking stock levels and replenishing stock as required
- Promoting healthy lifestyles solutions
- keep pharmacy counters presentable and replenished
Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Able to multi task
- Able to prioritise
- Aware of the meaning of confidentiality
- Good people skills
- Enthusiastic to work in the medical sector and help others
- Minimum A-C/9-4 GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths, English and Science
Progression to level 3 for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer and also attend Matthew Boulton college. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
About the employer
A state of the art community pharmacy, which has undergone a brand-new refit in 2019, the pharmacy operates with a large Pharmacy Robot.
The pharmacy is located within the 2nd largest medical practice in the Gloucestershire area and serves a vast majority of the local community over 100 hours per week, opening 7 days.
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Zeaba Winning 07712407430 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy Services Assistant level 2 standard:
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.