Childcare Apprenticeship Rocking Horse Nurseries
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
14 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional skills including maths, English and ICT are covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear CRB may be required by the nursery.
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles. You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles. You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day. You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery. There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Rocking Horse Nursery is a well established private nursery, preschool and after school club set in the beautiful and unique Newbury Racecourse Estate.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 01189566995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Certificate For Children & Young People’s Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications. Intermediate apprentices will attend day release. Advanced can choose between day release, evening or Saturday classes.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Function Skills, if required
- Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.