Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Gingerbread House Pr Ltd
Begin your career as a childcare practitioner within a warm and friendly environment. Be part of a professional, warm, and passionate team, who provide care for children to exceed. Work alongside experienced practitioners with a variety of qualifications. The training will take place at John Ruskin College.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
13 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Plan, organise, and participate in activities for the children throughout the day
- Participate in providing an environment and activities in line with the early years foundation stage of the national curriculum
- Participation in garden play and exploring the outdoors environment and attending outings
- Ensure that activities are varied, and of such type suitable to the developmental stage of the children
- Structure the daily activities according to an agreed timetable
- Work as a team discussing ideas and plans
- Work always within the procedures and policies of the setting
- Remain professional at all times
- Keep written records, on children’s activities and development, particular achievements and special requirements
- Complete accident and sickness reports when necessary
- Attend staff meetings
- Undertake other duties as required, such as preparing snacks, hygiene routines such as changing nappies and soiled clothing, or any other cleaning duties, sterilising toys and washing up
Requirements and prospects
- Awareness of health and safety
- Good communication skills
- Some knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding
- First aid trained (not essential, as candidates will be trained)
- Shows initiative
- Passionate to learn
- Enjoys working with children
- Happy to follow instructions
- Has a positive attitude
GCSE C/4 (or equivalent) English and maths.
Possibility of a full term, permanent contract at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
I’m Ana Goncalves and I am the Manager here at Gingerbread House Day Nursery in Croydon.
I came from a big family and I was little when I discovered my passion for childcare and knew that my career would be working with children of all ages. I now have well over 20 years of experience working in the childcare sector in the UK.
I started my career in childcare by studying and gaining my qualifications both in Playwork and Childcare, as well as by working as a volunteer in charities and centres which allowed me to put the theory I had learned into practice. As a result, I gained invaluable knowledge, skills and experience which led me to different pathways in childcare roles. As the Manager, I have the privilege of wearing many hats. I enjoy motivating my staff to unleash their passion in providing outstanding care and as a team we are always eager to help the children in our care to learn and thrive.
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Surrey College
Anthony Ogunyomi 020 8651 1131 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Diploma in Childcare
- Level 1 Functional Skills (where applicable)
- This training will take place at JRC
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.